Titanium Powerbook G4 Battery Woes

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by 7on, May 14, 2007.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

So my mom's G4 battery won't hold a charge anymore and the last green led is infinitely on so does anyone know of a way to reset the battery to get it charging again? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

oh and I just snapped a knife trying to open teh battery :-/

Attached Files:

3. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

5. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Sorry man, the battery's dead. My TiBook suffered the same problem which can only be solved with a new battery. Try resetting the PMU if you wish but I doubt you'll get much response out of that.

6. macbilzi macrumors newbie

reset battery on Titanium G4

I see this is old, but relevant for some. You need to run the battery all the way down (if necessary) until the computer shuts off, take out the battery and disconnect the power supply, take out one of the two or change the size of one RAM chip from the memory slot under the keyboard (the point is to change the amount of RAM the computer sees on startup). Push the power button once. Plug in the power and replace the battery. NOW, reset the PRAM as described above (hold down P-R-option-command and turn on computer- keep holding 4 keys until you hear 3 startup chimes), then let go and let battery charge all the way up, no matter how long it takes. If it is not dead, the firmware will reset on the chip on the battery and you may save it.

MacBilzi
    www.macintoshonly.com
    Wilmington, NC