Titanium Powerbook lid closed

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by reebzor, Apr 26, 2010.

1. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I know theres tons of utilities out there for this but none seem to work. I have an old Tibook running 10.5.8 that I want to use as a webserver. I can vnc to it and I wont even need to do it that much so I just want the ethernet and power plugged into it. No KB/Mouse!

I've tried sleepless, InsomniaX, and caffeine but the same result with each. I close the lid and it goes to sleep. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. reebzor thread starter macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Yea I understand I can do that, I do the same thing on my macbook pro all the time. But I don't want to have anything connected to this powerbook except power and ethernet. Any other suggestions?

3. reebzor thread starter macrumors 6502a

reebzor

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Plug in a USB device to wake it up, then remove it? I think it should stay awake.

To truly fix this, you could take apart the computer and remove the magnet that trips the sensor...

5. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

you need to plug in a usb keyboard and mouse ,otherwise it will just sleep , for clamshell mode it needs a usb device to wake it up to use clamshell mode and that all the vram goes to the external monitor

6. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

you could just open it up and unplug all cables from the display, so the powerbook wouldn't know you shut the lid

7. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

just out of curiosity , if you only want to use it without display , why not sell it and just get a mini for that money , i mean you get more money for the powerbook then a g4 mini would cost you and the mini has no probs whatsoever running without display and install osx tiger server would be a easy thing to get a perfect server ?:confused: