Titanium Toast

Discussion in 'iMac' started by imac wannabe, Oct 6, 2011.

1. imac wannabe macrumors regular

I'm using this to burn a disc as we speak. This software seems a little "clunky" on my 2011 i7 imac. It has locked up several times and can't show an .mkv file in preview...now I'm encoding that .mkv and it show no progress in it's window after 5-8 minutes. Does anyone else have these issues?

Paul

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

What version OS X and Toast? I have 10.7.1 and Toast 10.0.8 and it works fine, however, this is on a early 2009 iMac 24.

Cheers,

3. simsaladimbamba

To what are you transcoding that .mkv file in Toast Titanium?

Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

4. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

transcoding the .mkv is gonna take awhile regardless of your mac, it's a tough process. I was trying to do it with a copy of the Shining the other night and it took over 10 minutes to hit 1% complete.

5. imac wannabe, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011

imac wannabe thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using a i7 3.4 with 16 gigs of ram and upgraded video card. Latest version of lion (10.7?) and the newest toast. MKV to a dual layer disc. This thing took 10 minutes to hit 1 percent. I'm 2hours in nd it's at 18 percent. My dual core 2.2 running convertx2dvd would have it burned already!

My new Imac is an amazing machine indeed (I can give many examples) but Toast is useless!

Paul:mad:

6. simsaladimbamba

Is Toast using all cores?

7. imac wannabe thread starter macrumors regular

Well it reads 109% or more in the activity monitor....

8. simsaladimbamba

Since you have four cores, that can eight as eight virtual cores even, 109% CPU usage is hardly using the CPU at all, as only less than a seventh of the entire CPU seems to be used by Toast.

Have you tried Burn yet? It used my two cores almost to a maximum, as ffmpeg was used as encoder.

9. imac wannabe thread starter macrumors regular

I agree...it's now more than 12 hours into it and only 90% done, something is not right. I will try burn, thank you for the tip.

Paul