title templates for final cut pro 7 ?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by titatom, May 13, 2011.

1. titatom macrumors regular

I'm posting here after searching for a while and realizing I'm not sure what I'm looking for ! Perhaps someone here can help me...

The other day I was working with an editor and he was showing off all these nice title templates (they look like they were made in After Effect, animated with light effetcts) he had just grabbed on the Internet.

I've been looking around and all I could find were Motion and After Effect templates. These are editable one only in AF and Motion. What I loved about the ones my friend had was that they were editable in Final Cut (ie; just change the text and you are ready to go). I need something quick and that looks good, I would rather something royalty free but I can spend a couple of bucks ! :D

Can someone direct me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

titatom

2. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

3. mBox macrumors 68020

Did your friend make the templates? Why not ask to use them yourself? If its a plug-in just ask what it is. Boris maybe?

4. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your answer !

of course I would ask him directly but he is not in town right now...I did write him though...

Maybe it was a plugin, I'll broaden my search a bit and keep you posted if I find what I'm looking for !

Any other suggestions are more than welcome !

Cheers !

titatom

5. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

6. mBox macrumors 68020

reminds me of Video Copilot but thats mostly After Effects. Ive never seen one like that in FC maybe Motion? Now when you say looks a bit, how close is it to that example?

7. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

they were very similar : particles flying around, light effects and text flipping around, all wth a very professional look !

It looks like they might have been presets for a plugins or perhaps Motion/AE templates...
    Any site you might recommend for such templates ?

8. titatom thread starter macrumors regular

RESOLVED !

I got an answer from my friend.... He uses the Red Giant plug in for After Effects !

ou should try them out, they look awesome ! They are worth a couple thousand bucks though, so I'm going to edit with his machine :)

Thanks to all for your help !

9. mBox macrumors 68020

Yep use em all from Trapcode to Magic Bullet on Avid and After Effects. You can also check out Video Copilot for tutorials and Revostock for AE templates.