Titles in iMovie HD 6.0.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ship, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Ship macrumors newbie

I want to key 4 or 5 lines using the text feature "typewriting." When I key text it only permits 2 lines of text and the font {although I have it set to large} is very small.

How do I get the font larger and set the typewriting text feature to key more than 2 lines on a clip?

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Unfortunately with Apple's built in solution, the answer is simply "you can't". Although some titling effects allow you to add more lines, the typewriting one is not one of them. And the font size is a set maximum- although there is a lot variability in the base heights of the fonts that can be used- for instance I just tried Myriad Pro versus Courier and the maximum size was noticeably different.

There may well be a third party add on filter (google imovie titling or something of that effect to see some) that can give you more of what you are looking for but I'm afraid it is not going to be possible with Apple's built in titling selection.

Edit: I should also mention that Final Cut Express 4 as an upgrade to iMovie HD may assist you in this but I have not had it long enough to be positive yet.