Titling Software ASAP LiveType Sucks!

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
Hi, I need a software for subtitling and entire 60 minutes movies. I am using Live Type but is the worst software ever! I can not believe Apple released something so buggy and incomplete.

Please, I need help.

Thanx

I might try iMovie instead

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Final Cut Pro has some useful text tools. Plus if you are subtitling for DVD, you can always use DVD Studio Pro's built-in subtitler. I created subtitles for a 30 min production and the results were very professional.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Speaking of Live Type, I know you can't get it as a standalone application, but is there something similar?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I've used DVDSP's subtitler many times, and it makes REAL subtitles... turn them on, turn them off, choose a variety of languages... I'd go ahead and do that so it doesn't get rendered into the video itself. That is, if you have DVDSP. Otherwise... just use Boris titles within FCP.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2001
Miami
I am in to FCP now but my client wanted to have everything in LiveType. I am going to tell him I'm sorry but if we have future projects LiveType is just not the software for that.

The problem In am facing now is that there is an Helvetica font that shows in Live Type but not in FCP!!!! and that is the one approved for the projects. At list his clients haven't see anything yet until Wendsday.

The big problem with LiveType is that I can not preview audio so... how in the hell am I going to sink? I have to render everything to have a real time preview, something that makes no sense because I can do real time with FCP ¿?