Tivo and DHCP issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kakamac, Jan 2, 2012.

1. kakamac macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I must be the worst mac user ever so apologies for once again asking for help :( . Basically my issue is that I've just changed over to a new internet company and my tivo has stopped working. It keeps coming up with a DHCP server could not be located on the network. I am using an imac running Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 and a netgear DGN2000 wireless router which i use to pic up my signal for both my mac and my tivo. How do I set up a DHCP for the tivo to work? Any ideas would be great. Have a great new year all and thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Jade

2. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

If all you did is change ISPs, and nothing else changed, then everything should still work. Try powering off and back on your router and then the Tivo. Make sure your Tivo can connect to your wireless network and that the password hasn't changed.

3. kakamac thread starter macrumors newbie

Smirk I have tried your suggestion with no success. I'll continue to see what I can do but thank you for your help.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Have you done any troubleshooting from the TiVo side, like rebooting? Does it show the wireless connection strength, or give you any confirmation that it's successfully on the wireless network?

Is the netgear new, or did you have that same router with your old ISP?

5. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

DHCP server not running?
    I think you'd need to look at the configuration on the router.
    Can your imac ping the router ok, and get out to the internet?
    check ip address of imac (probably something like 192.168.0.x)
    The router will probably be the same as the gateway (usually something like 192.168.0.254)
    try and view the router via safari, and configure DHCP accordingly.

check the setup manual for that router here. DGN2000

You can always set your Tivo with a static IP address (something out of the DHCP address range).