TiVo Remote App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ChrisWilder07, Jul 22, 2008.

1. ChrisWilder07 macrumors regular

Can anyone find out if there is going to be a TiVo Remote App? They have an Apple TV/iTunes Remote so i think there should be a TiVo Remote

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Well, there's this one. And here is the TiVo community thread on it.

Don't know if there's anything official or unofficial planned for release through the App Store though.

3. MrSoprano macrumors member

I would love to see a Tivo Remote App! Especially since my dog ate 2 of my 4 Tivo remotes :eek:. Also, would love to see them incorporate Online Scheduling and Transfers between Tivos in their app.

4. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I am frankly shocked TiVo doesn't have a online scheduling application or something in the works as of yet. Since their DVR market is sliding a bit with other things coming out (Sling) and various MCE boxes. I would honestly like to see an application that would allow me to search guides and stuff for my TiVos and of course schedule stuff online like I normally would do.

5. MrSoprano macrumors member

Tivo does have an App through Verizon through their Get It Now service, so I would assume they will get something out for the iphone. The only thing is that for Verizon it has a monthly subscription fee. I would be happy to pay a one time fee, but would never pay monthly for the service that we already can do right through the website.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oh my god, that telnet thing is awesome! So when I leave my remote across the room and don't feel like getting up, I can control the TiVo from my computer. Laziness FTW :D

But a remote scheduling would be awesome. Online scheduling is rather clumsy in mobile Safari, an iPhone optimized interface would be a whole lot better.