Tizen - I'm Impressed

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Sevanw, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Sevanw macrumors 6502a

Sevanw

It seems Tizen can run extremely smooth even on hardware that's very lacking. I'd really be interested to run Tizen on a old S3 or S4 if a port was possible. I like how the scrolling is very responsive to the touch movement. It's almost immediate.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/01/19/video-tizen-appears-quite-fast-and-smooth-even-on-low-end-hardware/

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep saw a demo of it a while back and was impressed myself. I just hope that they do the same to their Touchwiz GUI and spend as much time optimising it from scratch. Tizen proves that they can streamline if they build from the base up rather than simply add more and more features on old code as they seem to do with Touchwiz / Android. However rumours around the S6 seem to indicate they may be doing this which is good.

I hope to see Tizen in a flagship and I would like to see how it handles Android applications - if there is a big overhead like in Blackberry 10 running android apps.

3. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

Appears to run smooth but design wise it is still fugly.

4. ecrispy macrumors regular

WP proved that a mobile OS can be extremely smooth and fast on very low end hardware.

If only the Tizen and TouchWiz teams could share some engineers now.