Tlert vs Quick Reply

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theturtle, Oct 7, 2010.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

any discerning advantages over each other? quick reply is 3 dollar compared to tlerts 7 dollar price tag. rather not get a second application like bite/ireal.

2. mrathee macrumors 6502

I really liked tlert - its quick and simple - lets you customize colors, etc etc

It isnt 100% flawless with multiple incoming messages though

But if you already have bite, why do you need another app that does quick reply? Bite does that on its own.

3. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the reply!!

i dont have any app yet, figuring out which one i should invest on.

quickreply seems to do the same job as tlert but its more than 50% cheaper. curious on what tlert does that warrants the higher price tag :)

4. mrathee macrumors 6502

Ive used tlert and bite - I would say go for bite

It has a huge set of features and works really really well.

5. outz macrumors 6502

yeah... i had the trial and encountered similar issues. i emailed their support with 0 response, so of course i didn't purchase it.

6. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Plus it's free if you don't mind ads.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

+1 more for BiteSMS, @OP you can set Bite to NOT replace the stock SMS.app, so all you do is the quick reply and quick compose features and still use the stock app, You can hide the icon and it is like you don't have it. However you can still access all the other features like Schedule SMS, profiling, sounds(on the next released) and others if you ever need/want them :D

8. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Bite's version 5 (still in beta) allows for custom ringtones; I don't remember seeing that on iRealSMS when I looked the other day. I may have missed something though.

Bite is a consistent performer and infinitely customizable; another vote here. Even the beta's given me virtually no trouble. Love the quick Compose/Reply and LOVE the custom ringtones for each contact.

10. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

biteSMS is the best SMS app. biteSMS 5 is incredible! Well worth the cost.

S-

11. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

FYI, Quickreply is actually free now! Yes, it still shows in Cydia as costing 3$, but if you go and look at it and try to buy it, it will show that it is free. This is because the developer has stopped developing for the program. I have it now though and i am on iphone 4 at 4.0.1 and it works great. I bought it way back when and have used it since. Now that it is free, you cante go wrong. :)

12. ryefield macrumors newbie

oh, I'd go with Tlert.. by a long shot! having tried them all (including IrealSMS, Mobilenotifier, etc..) Tlert really stands out as the best notification system (for SMS only, of course). it's super fast, flawless (for me anyway, with iPhone 4 32GB iOS 4.3.2 and NO WINTERBOARD). does not pop a huge notification popup like the others and does not force you to load the native SMS app if you want to reply or compose a new text. New SMS gesture is amazing and works flawlessly from whatever app you're in including lockscreen, the bubbles are nicely designed (evethough I don't care much for the internal autocorrect thingy) and it's just SMS notification the way it was meant to be. I can't see why Apple chose to go with Mobilenotifier for iOS 5, I guess it's just the most 'in iOS spirit' app, and allows them to cut distances with Android, but really, Tlert is the best when it comes to receiving and sending SMS. I can't even remember the last time I actually tapped my native SMS icon lol...