TLOTRO coming to Mac (officially)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Kristenn, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Kristenn, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

Kristenn macrumors 6502

Turbine, inc, the company behind the MMORPG titled "The Lord Of The Rings Online" lifted the NDA on the developer side of the game and rumors were confirmed that the company has a Macintosh client for TLOTRO in beta possibly to be released on October 15th with the games next expansion set titled "Riders of Rohan". It's a native client according to devs and not a wonky cider/wine port.

Article link:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/23/lor...mac-client-coming-with-next-expansion-report/

The game was unofficially playable without bootcamp through wrappers made by fans of the game.

It sure is great to see more MMO's coming to the Mac, besides World of Warcraft.

2. doh123 macrumors 65816

especially since CoH/CoV is being shut down... lose 1 on Mac, gain another...

3. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

good news! Its free to play at first isnt it?
    i tried the PC demo a year or so ago but playing it just made me want to play WoW instead since i was used to the WoW controlls/UI.

4. Kristenn thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I've read it's F2P all the way through. I'm sure restrictions apply here and there and you'd have to grind a lot more but it doesn't seem to ave a F2P level cap.

5. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

cool. I installed it on my Windows 8 bootcamp partition and played for a few minutes last night. I'm a dwarf champion!