TM backups

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Zejtun, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Zejtun macrumors newbie

I had a clean install of Yosemite done not from my backup drive. The company that did it backed up my iMac themselves. My files were moved over my on my iMac in May and everything is working well except for reading old emails in TM prior to the clean install. When I started up the iMac after the clean install, I was asked to run a backup which I did. My backups are on an external 1T Seagate HD and I have 700GB left. I can run desktop in TM as far back as I want. I know the old emails are there by running desktop in TM, and library, mail, v2.

So far I have run inherit and associate in terminal, and unplugged the external hd to no avail.
    When I choose inbox and TM it goes back to May 10th and then blank cards after that.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Zejtun thread starter macrumors newbie

Update
    I supplied erroneous info. To get to my emails on my backup drive prior to May, I open finder , go+options, library, mail then I start TM, scroll back to before the install, scroll down to mail and open the emails.
    Anyway, they are there, now if only I could open mail then TM and scroll back to before the install.

Thanks,