Carrier Tmobile 200mb doesn't seem to work

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ddehr026, Feb 21, 2014.

1. ddehr026, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014

ddehr026 macrumors 6502

Got my tmobile sim. Put in and turned off wifi. Screen came up said congrats you're eligible for 200mb free data plan. Signed up, received confirmation email.

Every time I open safari I get the tmobile "mobile internet management" redirect. I sign in, nothing happens. I cannot access any webpages. I login to tmobile on my computer and it says my account is active and shows 0mb of 200mb used, monthly plan dates, etc.

What gives? Anyone else run into this issue?

Attached Files:

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Try to turn off your iPad and then turn it back on. If that doesn't work try to reset your network settings. It should work right after you get the confirmation email

3. ddehr026 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

When I set the SIM up on my Air and my wife's Mini I got a message saying there would be a delay in activating the SIM due to the server. I got a message the next morning that it was activated, at that point it worked.

Did you get any message like that?

5. ddehr026 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nah nothing like that. I got the sim activated message within a few minutes. My account seems to be confirmed, but it's like it's not picking up the data. It says "t-mobile 4g" in the upper left corner with full bars...

6. ddehr026 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried both, still nothing. Spent 2 hours on the phone with t mobile. Nothing.

7. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

One last thing to try would be to remove the SIM. Turn off the ipad replace the SIM and turn it back on. Other than that it may be a bad SIM for some reasonl

----------

Are you able to log into your account with wifi off and going to cellular data, view account?

8. ddehr026 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried the sim, still no luck. :(

Yes I'm able to view account with wifi off. Says account active 200mb plan yada yada. Starting to think bad sim as well. Weird. Guess I'll make a trip to the tmobile store and see if they'll let me swap the sim out....

9. ddehr026 thread starter macrumors 6502

well i finally got it working. Sim ended up being fine. all of a sudden i was just able to connect to the network and everything is working. T-mobile is atrociously slow here... see attached :(

Attached Files: