Tmobile 6S Plus unlocked at Apple store launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cl0ne666, Sep 23, 2015.

1. cl0ne666 macrumors newbie

Will the 6S Plus tmobile version come unlocked like every other year? I'm leaving for China to study abroad for a year and would like to use it on their network. Am I better off buying ATT or the Tmobile version? TIA! Oh, I'll be paying in full at the purchase.

2. alperduran217 macrumors member

alperduran217

I just wrote same thing to another topic. I'm going to Turkey on Sunday and bring my iPhone 6S. I will inform you if you send me message on Monday.

But if you want to use your phone in China you have to throw away your T-Mobile sim card.

3. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

If you get it directly from Apple, it should be unlocked, take out the tmobile sim card and pop in whatever you have and you're good to go. The att version is probably locked.

4. cl0ne666 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there anyway to test before purchasing or return it if it is not unlocked at the store? Dont want to buy it and then find out I cant use it. I can test it with a straight talk ATT Sim card.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you're worried see if they will let you buy a Verizon one at full price. But anything that you buy full price from apple will be unlocked.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Most likely unlocked as Apple doesn't carry locked T-Mobile phones. Plus anyone who buys the T-Mobile iPhone from Apple has to pay full retail upfront unless you go into the store to use T-Mobile financing.

7. cl0ne666 thread starter macrumors newbie

I chatted with Apple support online and said they do not carry unlocked devices. Is that just a standard answer they give everyone while the truth is the opposite?

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yes, that is the answer they give everyone every year and the phones still end up being unlocked. I think it is to discourage scalpers, or possibly that the reps don't know anything.

9. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

I'm getting a tmo version to use on att. You have two weeks to return the phone if it doesn't work on your network.

10. cl0ne666 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great now just to find a 6s+ 64gb gold on launch day in store... how often do they receive stock on launch week?

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

Good luck with that. 6S+ supplies are very limited if you didn't already reserve one.

12. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

You may want to go to the store early tomorrow morning. The 2-week preorder period may result in a higher inventory in the stores, but who knows.