Tmobile and Iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sallymomo, Jun 9, 2009.

1. sallymomo macrumors newbie

Here's my situation.

I am a T-mobile customer and my contract is up at the end of the month. Currently I have the 1000 min plan for 39.99 with a generic Motorola phone. I also have 400 text msgs for 4.99. I definitely want to upgrade when my contract is done.

So I will probably stick to the 1000 min plan for 39.99 but want to get the unlimited plan. I was considering getting the unlocked jailbroken Iphone. A friend suggested that I call t-mobile and get their 9.99 data plan which includes internet/email and unlimited text msgs. Then once its working on my generic Motorola phone, then I can switch the SIM into an Iphone and I should be able to get internet/email and unlimited text msgs on the Iphone as well.

So....my question is that would the above actually work?? And also the 9.99 data plan...whats it called?? is it the web2go...cuz online its shows that plan for 19.99. Is tmobile giving it to ppl who are asking for it/mentioning it?? So my total bill for Tmobile would come out to around 50 bucks...which is kinda where I want to stay.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yep . I dont know what it is called because i have the old $5.99 data plan and dont need/use the their new plans, but i think it is web2go, unless they changed it.