Carrier Tmobile free 250mb data plan questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bww, Nov 15, 2013.

1. bww, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

bww macrumors newbie

My wife and I have both have ipad 2s (att) and will be upgrading to ipad airs soon.
    Questions.
    1. Can we both, under each name, get the free 200mb data? (Not limited to one per household)? We have the tmobile micro sim activation kits.
    2. Can we, when we upgrade to our new ipad airs, cut down or use nano sims to transfer the account to our new ipad airs?
    Thanks

Edit: 200mb free data.

2. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

TMobile will allow you to order 2 SIM cards at one time. Also it's 200mb free per month, not 250. You should be able to cut your SIM cards and transfer your old accounts but I'm not certain on that.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It is not limited to one per household. I put one in my Air and my wife's first gen Mini this week.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

OP should order a pair of micro SIMs and have his wife place a separate order for a pair of nano SIMs. Easy peasy.

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Once you activate the SIM, it is tied to that iPad and cannot be moved to another iPad. If you try, you will get the message; "Sorry, your Prepaid Mobile Broadband Pass has expired."

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Is the free SIM card thing going on at tmobile still? Keeps saying it's expired

7. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Seems to come and go. I ordered mine on Monday with a promo code. They showed $10 each before the code was applied.

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

That's the one I used.

10. bww thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that is really what we wanted to know. Just ordered free nano sims for our soon to be purchased verizon ipad airs.

11. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

This brings up an interesting question. What if you order the limit of 2 SIM cards. Can you activate both on the same and then have 400GB/mo? Or do they track it by the ipad IMEI?

I apologize if this has been asked already but with the security breech the search function has been a bit wonky.

12. Oui macrumors 6502

I swear to god if a carrier was to give free unlimited service service and a free iphone all you had to do is drive to their store, somebody would complain they didn't pay for the gas to drive there.

13. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I'm not trying to complain about anything - free or not. I am happy with my current data plan with att. I'm just asking a question. I'm sorry if my post was misunderstood.

14. butters149 macrumors 6502

How did you guys get your SIMs activated? I brought my iPad into the store and the dude installed the SIM, but when I tried to sign up for an account on my iPad it keeps giving me an error about my new password.

Then when I went home to call customer service, they said in order for the SIM to be activated I would need a data plan, so the 200MB will be added on top of that.

15. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Be sure not to try activating through Wi-Fi. Turn off the Wi-Fi, go to Settings-Cellular Data-View Account. You should then get the option to enter name, address, email etc.

16. dannynjoni macrumors member

Thank you!

Just wanted to jump on here to say thanks to all who post this information. It helped me to order a FREE T-mobile micro-sim for my Air as well as how to go into my settings to get it fired up! I now have free 200MB of data for our road trip to Vegas!

LOVING our new iPad Air. Also, I cannot believe how fast LTE is on this thing! Holy crap!! I need to upgrade our internet on our home WIFI I think.

Anyways, thanks again for all of your assistance!