Tmobile: Get free SE with other iphone purchase

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by T Coma, Jun 1, 2017.

1. T Coma macrumors regular

T Coma

Got a heads-up today about a new deal at Tmo starting tomorrow. You buy a new iphone (I assume 7 or 7+) and get either the base SE for free or $400 off an SE with more memory. I don't have all the details, but supposedly this is for new or existing customers. I'll skip if it's an add-a-line thing but may bite on this one if I can just sell the SE. Seems doubtful, but who knows with Tmo. They can get pretty aggressive with their promotions.

2. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Saw this too. As a T Mobile customer it has me interested as well.

3. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I saw that too, they also have a 256GB iPhone 7 for the price of a 128GB. If it's really as good as it sounds, I could buy the iPhone 7, sell the free SE once I get the rebate, then pay off the iPhone 7 and sell that.

EDIT: Saw the fine print, looks like you need to have both on EIP, which AFAIK can't be done with a single line, but it also looks like you need 1+ new line...

4. T Coma thread starter macrumors regular

T Coma

Oh bugger. I don't need a new line. I guess this could work for somebody, just not me.

But at least the new "DIGITS" service will allow me some continuity features and still use my old reliable LG. That's the main function I wanted anyway - synced messages and calls between my phone and iMac. Of course, I assume there will be another deal when the next iphone is released...

5. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

Not a bad deal. Though I managed to snag an iPhone SE 32gb for $185 from AT&T and then I got it unlocked through them before they cut down on unlocking devices.

Though, if someone can wait, I would skip the iPhone 7/7+. It's a stop gap phone right now because the OLED model will probably sell really well.

6. David-fr macrumors 6502

Woo - bought an Se and a 7+ late April. Went to the tmobile promos page and the promo pending.

7. Susurs macrumors 6502

Susurs