Carrier tmobile insurance question

ah1488

Suspended
Original poster
earlier today i was told that tmobiles insurance includes applecare. being curious i looked it up online and found their device protection page. is this the same benefits that come with applecare+ that is purchased from apple? can i schedule an appointment at my local apple store to exchange a phone at anytime on a line that i am paying for this coverage on? im looking to gather as much information as i can since my wife wants to move my line from at&t onto her tmobile account.

Alt075

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2017
It works just like apples plan. If your phone is broken you take it to the apple store and they will fix it. If the phone needs replaced they replace it. I have this plan through tmobile also. Also, it is much cheaper to get a broken screen fixed thru apple than assurian. Which is great. :) But if you are talking about buyers remorse or need phone exchanged for any repairs within your grace period you will need to do that thru tmobile until it is out of the grace period.

To be honest even before this was offered you could take your phone to the apple store to get it fixed in the first year anyway. The only thing this new plan offers is the cheaper price now to get screens fixed. Apple replaced a broken phone of mine two years ago when I am a tmobile customer.

Reactions: deadworlds

ah1488

Suspended
Original poster
It works just like apples plan. If your phone is broken you take it to the apple store and they will fix it. If the phone needs replaced they replace it. I have this plan through tmobile also. Also, it is much cheaper to get a broken screen fixed thru apple than assurian. Which is great. :) But if you are talking about buyers remorse or need phone exchanged for any repairs within your grace period you will need to do that thru tmobile until it is out of the grace period.

To be honest even before this was offered you could take your phone to the apple store to get it fixed in the first year anyway. The only thing this new plan offers is the cheaper price now to get screens fixed. Apple replaced a broken phone of mine two years ago when I am a tmobile customer.
thanks for the reply! i am talking about things that could go wrong with my phone after the first year. specifically am i covered by apple care as long as the protection is on that line? also is there any disadvantage to this over purchasing applecare+ through apple?

Alt075

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2017
So how does this work? How will Apple know I got Applecare thru Tmobile?
I believe it is the same way assurian knows you have them. Tmobile signs you up for it. So you are in their computer. They knew I had it when I took my ipad pro in to get help with it.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
thanks for the reply! i am talking about things that could go wrong with my phone after the first year. specifically am i covered by apple care as long as the protection is on that line? also is there any disadvantage to this over purchasing applecare+ through apple?
The way I had it explained to me is that T-Mobile pays Apple for the applecare. You pay T-Mobile the monthly. They add the assurion for loss and theft. Any damages goes through Apple. Any warranty services within 24 months goes through Apple. And loss or theft goes through assurian. You can also cancel it at any time.

Basically you’re taking Apple care plus, adding loss and theft protection, increasing the cost by $88, and breaking up the payments over 24 months. I finally see actual value in this.

ah1488

Suspended
Original poster
The way I had it explained to me is that T-Mobile pays Apple for the applecare. You pay T-Mobile the monthly. They add the assurion for loss and theft. Any damages goes through Apple. Any warranty services within 24 months goes through Apple. And loss or theft goes through assurian. You can also cancel it at any time.

Basically you’re taking Apple care plus, adding loss and theft protection, increasing the cost by $88, and breaking up the payments over 24 months. I finally see actual value in this.
thanks for the reply! thats about what i was told as well but it almost seems too good to be true. so you are only covered through apple for 24 months?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
thanks for the reply! thats about what i was told as well but it almost seems too good to be true. so you are only covered through apple for 24 months?
Yes. Thats the standard Apple care plus policy length. Beyond that you’d be covered by the standard insurance.