iPad TMobile iPad Air hotspot included?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Akack, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Akack macrumors 6502a

If you have a data plan I know the Verizon iPads have hotspot included, but what about if you are using TMobiles network?

Does T Mobile have hotspot included in their plans?? I called TMobile twice and one rep said yes it's included and another rep said no there's an additional fee. Thanks.

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

In another thread a member here stated he does have tethering capabilities with his free 200 plan...

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

200MB of tethering seems very much in the "why bother?" category, no?

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Yes, it is included but you may need to reboot your iPad in order to see the selection in the settings app AFTER signing up for the 200mb plan.

5. Akack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I'm asking bc I may need to get an "actual" t mobile prepaid data plan and occasionally need to hotspot from it.

6. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

I have the tethering option in my settings, but I was worried that Tmobile would try to charge me extra if I turned it on.

7. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I can confirm that it is available on mine with the 200MB plan.

I'm assuming it remains there if you add additional data such as stepping up to the 2.7GB plan.

Not too out of the ordinary considering they include tethering on pretty much any smartphone plan that includes data as well.