Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lalalalena2211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2011
re: iPhone 4
firmware: 4.0.1
baseband: 1.59.00
unlocked: ultrasn0w
jailbreak: jailbreakme.com

I had unlocked my iphone last month and ever since then it's been working fine. i would have the occasional "no service" or the one service bar of death but nothing a quick reboot wouldn't fix.

HOWEVER, today out of curiosity, I removed my sim tray for a split second to look at my Tmobile sim. I quickly slipped the sim back in thinking everything would be fine. NOPE! the "no service" sign came back on and this time, it never went away. I have rebooted my phone 10 times already and nothing. I've also done a network reset which fixed nothing.

hours later, it now says "invalid sim" which i've never gotten before

I also noticed that my "cellular network data" tab is missing. It's no longer in my settings>general>network

I'm thinking of just restoring to factory settings, jailbreak with pwnage tool then getting a Gevey sim. I'm about ready to give up.

please someone help! :(

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
A reformat and redo of the JB may not be a bad idea. Try it, before you go with the turbo sim.

lalalalena2211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2011
it ended up fixing itself after 5 hours. All of a sudden the signal and Tmobile sign came back along with the cellular network data. So strange. REALLY hope it doesnt happen again.

Does anyone know how to bypass itunes telling you that it has detected an incompatible SIM card? Do I have to remove the tmobile sim and replace it with an AT&T every time I want to sync? I wouldn't mind but I'm just afraid of my iPhone doing that whole "no service" deal again :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.