TMobile iPhone can't receive pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KBenton, Dec 1, 2009.

1. KBenton macrumors member

I have an iPhone 3G updated to 3.0 and has been for quite some time now. I could receive picture messages just fine until about a month or two ago. I believe i stopped receiving them after TMobile went down that one day.

I can still send them fine, but when I get a message it says
    "The media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. bspcalvin macrumors newbie

I'm also having this issue. I just placed our iPhone's on TMobile and we get that same message when someone sends a picture. We can receive them when sent from an iPhone but not from another phone. Anyone have a solution or suggestion??

3. zahi745 macrumors newbie

Really?

Bought a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS and when I updated to the time when AT&T announced picture message I never got that icon when txting? Inguess it's cool to have but have never used it. I use tmobile btw

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try installing the legacy mms package thru cydia.

5. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

I had this problem too, along with many Tmo users...
    This is the fix that worked for me:

Open Cydia and search for "Legacy" and install the first TMobile one.
    Then reset network settings (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings).

I rebooted at this point...I've heard of people just skipping a reboot.

Go into Cellular Data Network (Settings -> General -> Network -> Cell. Data Network). Enter the following.

Cellular Data:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com

MMS:
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

Optional, but I set MMS Max Message Size to 240000000...found it on a site.

Press back until you return to Settings. Return home. Reboot. Test with an MMS message to yourself.

This is what worked for me, hope it works for you :D

6. bspcalvin macrumors newbie

Thanks. I installed the Cydia software. Then added the 8080 to my proxy setting.......now I get pics.

Info.... I still have my Cellular Data APN set as epc.tmobile.com while the tmobile tech support had me set only MMS APN to wap.voicestream.com. Will changing the Cell Data APN benefit me?