Resolved TMobile iPhone sim in iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mainomega, Nov 7, 2014.

1. mainomega macrumors 6502

Just wondering if I grab a iphone sim card and throw it in an iPad Air 2 whether the data portion would work? I've googled but so far some say yes, some say no, some say only ATT.

Can someone with TMobile verify for me ? This will decide which one I buy (wifi vs cellular)

2. mainomega thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Idefix macrumors 6502

yes it works.

you don't even need to get a t-mobile sim. the new ipad air 2 comes with an apple sim that allows you to choose att or vz or tmobile.

i'm trying one out right now. you get 200 mb free per month, which is of very little use, but there's an offer out now that gives you 5gb over 5 months.

the best deals with tmobile are if you're pairing the ipad with a tmobile phone.

4. mainomega thread starter macrumors 6502

Not sure I asked the question right.

If i grab my T-Mobile sim that's currently on unlimited data for my iphone, and stick it in my ipad. Will it work, as in, it will use my phone sim card for the data portion

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I would be interested to know this too. I would think it will not work. There is a reason they have separate phone and tablet plans. If you do have to get s Sim. T-Mobile is $10 for 5GB LTE on the tablet plus the 5GB your unlimited plan includes.