Tmobile Jump at Apple Store iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajones92, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Hey guys. A friend and I are planning on camping on Thursday night to try to get a couple of 6+'s. We were both hoping to get ours from the Apple Store so we could stay in the same line, especially since I am on AT&T and he is on T-Mobile.

We were in a T-mobile store today and one of the sale's reps told us that you couldn't use the Jump program at the Apple Stores to buy the iPhone 6 and the only place you could Jump would be from T-Mobile stores and proceeded to give us his card to come back next friday.

I was under the impression that you could do the Jump program at the Apple Store so my question is has anyone confirmed one way or the other. The T-mobile sales rep came off kind of shady and seemed like he just wanted the sale vs the Apple Store.

Thanks in advance :D

2. Ann P macrumors 68020

JUMP is T-Mobile exclusive so I don't see why rep would be lying. You can buy a Tmo iPhone for full price at the Apple store but I haven't heard of anyone doing Jump or EIP though.

3. ajones92 thread starter macrumors member

ajones92

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There were some stories a couple of weeks back to the effect that Apple was training their employees to handle Jump shipments in the store and there was a pilot program that was going to be in place in time. I had conflicting info from T-Mobile and Apple reps. Some saying yes and some saying no. I didn't want to spend 12 hours in line to find out I couldn’t do it.

The other thing is that T-Mobile is such a screwed up company and their pre-order was so botched, I wouldn't be surprised if the Apple guys wouldn't be able to put the orders through on their end even if they were doing it.