TMS4 Text Messaging Plan Inactivated?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LotuSviLLe, Jun 29, 2010.

1. LotuSviLLe macrumors member

So I used to have that 1500 text messaging plan for $8.99 with the feature code TMS4 applied to my FAN account then I ended up switching to an unlimited plan before I got my iPhone 4. I want to now go back to that special plan but I called AT&T and they told me I had been grandfathered in on that plan previously before I switched to the unlimited plan and they wouldn't add it back on for me now.

My question is did anyone that still had that texting plan get to keep it when they switched to their iPhone 4 or has anyone tried adding that plan to their current/new AT&T plan?

If anyone is interested in helping me out by trying to add it to their plan now all you had to do was call 611 on your phone and ask the AT&T rep to add the TMS4 text messaging plan to your existing FAN account. If you can tell me what they tell you I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. polyun macrumors member

Got mine.

Got 750 SMS/mms texts added back on for $7.49. It took a supervisor clearance but they eventually did it.

Btw, I don't think it was 1500 texts before but always 750.

3. LotuSviLLe thread starter macrumors member

I'm absolutely sure it was 1500 for $8.99 I could pull my billing history.

4. edlo83 macrumors member

Yes it's 1500 texts for $8.99. I still have it active on my account

5. LotuSviLLe thread starter macrumors member

Did you get a new iPhone 4? If so, did you purchase in-store or online and mailed?

6. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

I had that same feature code. Bought and activated in store, code dropped off. Getting a real run around from customer service and I'm not happy about it.

7. LotuSviLLe thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I figured people would come across this issue. Should we keep calling back and trying different reps? Any other ideas?

8. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

I've been talking with one rep for the last 15 minutes or so, we're going to move up the ladder now.

At some point I've got to reach someone that has the authorization to put the code back on.

What I'm being told is that there is a new clause in the current iPhone agreement that says customers MUST have current messaging plans and old ones are not grandfathered in.

9. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

Dead end, reached the end of CSR.

For a nickel and dime, AT&T lost an ambassador and an advocate.

The official resolution is that there is a new clause that states iPhone customers MUST have a current txt message plan when they activate (whatever the current plans are) and then also I received a BS explanation about different phones needed different 'classifications' of txt message plans in order to ensure that all of the features of that particular phone are used to their fullest potential.

Terrible, terrible customer service over a few dollars. I just don't understand why companies feel that those pennies make up for the bad publicity.