To 30" or not?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by timmillwood, Apr 8, 2007.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

I would like 30" screen so I am able to work better with big graphics, but is it worth the money?

2. Mossman macrumors member

Oh yes!

Had a 23" and now have a 30" as well. They are superb! Go for it! :cool:

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

If you want it, and your going to do work on it, then you answered your own question.

4. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

If you could drive a 30" for a couple days (maybe even a couple hours), you would truly appreciate the experience of 'big screen' computing. It is such a joy to have your work all visible, and (therefore) available at any given time. For me, it is now a requirement. I am fortunate to work for a company which does not skimp on providing the best of productivity tools. I have also reached a point in life where I can pretty much buy what I want technology wise. So, I have dual 30" Dells at work, and dual 30" Apples at home. My productivity has skyrocketed. I would expect just about everyone working with audio/video media, SW and/or database development, statistical modeling, enterprise systems administration, etc. to definitely benefit from the most screen real estate they can afford.

BTW, my grandfather is (was) from Bangor, Wales. I traveled there in 1990 to bring his 'spirit' home to rest with his family. I fell in love with Wales and have travelled there two times since. I spent a month in, and around Bets y coed. What a marvelous place! I can hardly wait to return!

5. Knox Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

Because of the price jump from the 23" to 30" one question is whether you are dealing with few large (resolution wise) files, or lots of slightly smaller ones. Two 23" ACDs are the same price as one 30" so depending on your usage it might be more useful to have two slightly smaller monitors than one big one.

6. RichP macrumors 68000

RichP

Ive had 2 23"s (which because of their lacklustre quality rarely match in color) 2 20s" and now a 30". The 30 is simply awesome. And with the new pricing, even a better deal. It feels "too big" for a few days (esp considering its the size of many LCD TVs out there) but after a week of use, you will feel right at home on it. The resolution is insane, wait till you see a 4-5+ MP pixel picture you took on it!

Another thing to note: running two apple ACDs at any size results in a very wide desktop arrangement, which sometimes gets a little taxing scanning left to right with your eyes.

Sooner you get it, the sooner you get to enjoy using it!