To 3G or not? 32 gb or 64 gb?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by edtorious, Mar 2, 2011.

?

To 3G or not? 32gb or 64gb

1. Wifi only is fine

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Wifi with 3G is the way to go

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 32gb

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. 64gb

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

So I'm getting iPad 2 for the first time. Should I get 3G version? i'm not really a mobile user, in fact the only time I'll probably take the iPad out is when I'm on vacation. But what if I'm on vacation and there's no wifi available? What are my choices? How can I access internet if I don't have 3G?

I have a 32 gb iPhone 4, i now only have about 4 gb left of free space. When it comes to iPad, will I need a 64 gb one? I don't really pay for apps, just have majority free apps but with the iPad I might be buying more when it comes to subscription apps like magazine apps, ibooks and probably will store more videos. I'm thinking since some of the apps are not universal and so my iPad will not have as many apps as my iPhone. What do you think? I mean I can afford the $829 but I'm not an impulsive buyer, I buy stuff within reasons and practicality. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :apple::p:D

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Unless you own a boat or airplane (yes I've been on boat with ipad GPS nav and it works great).

Other than that, save your $129 if you have an android or iphone (4.3) that enables hotspot (or you can hack it and use data for free).

I had ipad 3G 32GB and felt 3G was a waste of money (for me) since I had already hacked my iphone with mywi hotspot.

3. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

No 3G for me. have Iphone 4. Will just hotspot it.

4. protox macrumors regular

If I decide to get one, it'd be 32GB Wifi only. Have an iphone 4 so hotspot it is.

5. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Will the hotspot on iPhone 4 works internationally outside US? So I can bring my iPhone 4 and the new iPad 2 wifi only outside US and just use hotspot?

6. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Sure but you will still face those ridiculous roaming charges unless your iPhone 4 is hooked up to Wi-Fi.

In which case, your iPad may as well be connected to the Wi-Fi :p