To all members asking 'should I wait?'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phatzer, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. Phatzer macrumors regular

    Phatzer

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2007
    #1
    Hey guys,

    If you are asking yourself 'should I wait for this?' or 'should I wait for that?' before buying an iPhone. My personal opinion is NO.

    Just get it. You could be waiting months for the introduction of new features, so if you are serious about having an iPhone or something similar, just get it.

    If you are seriously asking yourself whether or not to wait, then you'll constantly be in limbo, as new updates and features will pop up all the time and you'll never get one.

    That's my opinion at least.

    Dan.
     
  2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

    SFStateStudent

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2007
    Location:
    San Francisco California, USA
    #2
    This might help...

    Thanks to the original poster:
     

    Attached Files:

  3. cupofjoe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
  4. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

    BongoBanger

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
  5. parham55 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    #5
    I'd like to add:
    Only you (the asker) can answer your own question, each individual must make the decision for themselves. If you are a member of this forum and pay attention you have as much information as about anyone. Do a cost benefit analysis, make a decision, and then act on that decision. If you want help, try this. Ask, what am I waiting for? The answer is not "an upgraded model." What feature are you waiting on? Then take a stand and wait on that feature or set of features. Don't ask us for help because we can't run your life for you.
     
  6. friekunater macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2008
    #6
    i say, if you're on the fence about waiting to buy a 2.0 iPhone with the app store and all, buy an iPhone now! you can get them $30 cheaper and the update is free. for future iPhone models, I wouldnt wait x number of months for something that I want now... if youre lucky you could sell it on ebay the day the new one is announced to people who don't read the news :)
     
  7. Nik macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Location:
    Germany
    #7
    I've got the money for an iPhone for quite some time now but I do not need it neccessarily.
    So, I'll just wait for the next revision, considering it's about 1-6 months away. :)

    I WANT it BUT I want the next version with 3G even more. :)
     
  8. rotlex macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Location:
    PA
    #8
    I'm with you on this. As much as I'm dying for an iPhone, my Treo 700 is working fine, and I'd kick myself if I didn't wait for 3G.
     
  9. Nik macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2007
    Location:
    Germany
    #9
    Yeah.
    And you need to consider that in Germany you need to sign the contract BEFORE you buy the phone.
    So, buying a new one and just put the old sim in will not work without a jailbreak.
     
  10. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

    gadgetdad

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2007
    Location:
    On my iPhone
    #10
    Should this be a sticky :D
     
  11. Phatzer thread starter macrumors regular

    Phatzer

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2007
    #11
    With the number of 'should I wait...' threads looming and appearing so often, and the fact that my initial post is now also backed up by a damn flowchart, I'd say so!
     
  12. HoverPizza macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2008
    #12
    My personal opinion is that, if a person even questions whether or not he should get it, he should wait. Just the fact that one would hold back from buying it is a sure sign that if he did and a new one came out, he would have an extreme case of buyer's remorse. Just hold it out for the 3G phone. The wait will make its release even more satisfying.
     

Share This Page