To all the "Pro" complainers...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Jun 9, 2009.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

Apple is a company. What do companies want and need? Money. Sure the "Pro" name may not find comfort on the new lineup for some but, it carries the same industrial design and performance from the original unibody MacBook vs unibody Macbook pro was neglible at best. In fact the performance with the unibody MacBook vs last gen mbp is a gracious bridge that most pro users could still do their work on. So from a marketing stand point why not badge them as "Pros"? And save the plastic MacBooks for the lower end of the spectrum? If you buy anything based on name alone then I'm sorry.

In this day and age of recession and with windows 7 around the bend - deny it all you want but consumer interest is on windows 7. So with an attractive entry price to own one of apples heralded notebook brand...I say bravo to apple. Why maintain such an elitest and shallow mind set? We should applaud apple in trying to attract more OSX users. Some actually and sadly buy into a "name branding." and so what? They are fantastic notebooks. The work you are able to accomplish on them hasn't diminished. Just be thankful apple at least offers now the power of choice. Many wanted a smaller mbp - well you got it in spades but I honestly believe the pros (no pun intended) out weigh the cons.

I think everyone should look at it in a more constructive manner than being such a negative nancy. I for one welcome our new mbp overlords and the new osx users it brings. You should do the same...because it's always good to have more switching from windows right?:apple:

Btw sorry for a sloppy post - typing this on my iPod touch ATM....LOL.

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

I had no problems with the move. I expected it. I will love my 2.4GHz Unibody MacBook for years to come. It is a more than capable machine. I think it is cool there is no Pro written on mine.

I think this will help Apple bring a bunch of people over to Mac.

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

Exactly.

4. gibbz macrumors 68030

Man, with these new MacBook Pros coupled with Snow Leopard, it should make for a nice push.

It will help that the mass public release beats Windows 7 to the market.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Pro or not, it's a mac!

Now, the wait for SL is on!

6. reallynotnick macrumors 6502a

I don't care if they called it MacBook Marshmallow, I would still buy the thing. :D

7. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

Don't forget that if you buy a MacBook/mbp after June 8th you can purchase sl for 9.99 from the apple promotion.

8. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Apple needs to bring back the black MacBook if they're gonna keep the whitebook dangling in their product lineup. It just looks awkward to have one computer, with a completely different name and design on it's own. They could drop the white MacBook's price to (gasp) $700 and bring the black one back for $999.

9. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

isnt there enough of these threads already, let it die

10. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

I think something like that would happen with mac tablet

11. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

[​IMG]

I don't think it matters either, but losing express card was kind of sad.

12. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Its just a tool, if it works for you great. The name really does not matter.

Though you missed the point about what people wanted out of a smaller MBP. A smaller MBP does not = a MB with FW. The people who wanted a smaller MBP wanted a 12" or 13" with the same features as a 15" (dedicated graphics, express card etc).

Wiki powerbook, and then look at the 12" model. Look at the features that this model packed, this will help you understand what people have been calling for.

In the end, I think the MB is an overkill for most people.

I also think that some people are complaining cause they have lost thier elite status they used to have with the "pro" , well get over it, its not a fashion accessory, its a tool. And its cheaper now.... god forbid common people will now be able to afford a "pro"..

13. magallanes macrumors regular

i love the screen of my current macbook pro (mate) and i don't think i will turn back.

So, no new mbp with mate screen then no sale.