To all the tall ladies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by itcheroni, Jun 10, 2007.

1. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

So, I'm a short guy, 5'5"/165cm on the dot, and I'm quite comfortable in my skin. Last night I end up smooching with someone on a dance floor who happend to be about 5'10"(with heels). A bit awkward, her being so much taller and kissing. I didn't give a toss, she was smoking hot. But girls usually are much more concerned with the issue. I actually wouldn't try anything with girls her height because I just assume they wouldn't give me the time of day, but she's the one that pulled me over(one of the benefits of being a good dancer) and I said, she was really hot. So I got to thinking, maybe it doesn't bother girls as much as I thought(I have had purely physical relationships in the past with women who were an inch or two taller than me but they didn't want to be anything more. I assumed it was the height thing and that's sort of what stuck with me). Or was she just a rare case?

Perspectives would be appreciated. :)

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Height is not an issue with every woman out there...just some of them;)
    Maybe it was something else that made her go for you....eyes, lips, hips whatever I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Bless

3. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Ahh, how I wish I was a tall lady :( Barely scrape in at 5"3

4. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, c'mon. What's wrong with being 5'3"? That's a really good height for a woman to be. Well, at least from my perspective. :D

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Ah how the grass is always greener... ;) I am just a hair over 5'7 and I hate it; I wish I were shorter (about 5'3 would be great)

To the OP:
    Height matters to some girls, not so much with others. Personally I prefer men who are taller than I am but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker or anything. Luckily I snagged me a 6'2 guy. :)

7. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not really that I personally care. I just wonder what's going through a girl's head at the moment when she's kissing a guy that is noticably shorter than her. I should have made it clearer that I'm not all that concerned personally. It's not so much whether "I have a chance with them" but more "what's going through their heads at that moment?"

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

No biggie.

Edit: I believe Casanova used a variation of this, so you'll be in good company ;)

9. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Women taller than me (6'4") scare me. I have never dated a girl over 5'3"

10. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Height hasn't harmed Bernie Ecclestone's lovelife.

Or maybe it's because of something else...

;)

Attached Files:

11. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I'm 6'1, tbh I've never liked being with guys who are considerably shorter, two or three inches is dealable with, 6" or more is not it just gets awkward.

Overall I like being a tall woman though, it has allot of advantages which make the few disadvantages worth it.

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Thank Christ I'm 6'.

13. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I watched an episode of 20/20 (iirc) talking about this. It was hilarious. Brought three guys (5'0", 5'3", 5'6") into a police station and put them in a lineup with other guys of above-average height. All were of average intelligence. Had women on the other side appraising them, asked to point out which ones they'd be most likely to date.

"He's a chief of surgery and championship skier who owns three homes in the Swiss Alps, has published 3 best-selling books, and was a millionaire before he turned 23."
    "Um... I'll still take Andrew."
    "But Andrew has been unemployed for two years and lives in his mother's basement."
    "I like him, though. I don't like the little guy."
    "What would make you choose the little guy over Andrew?"
    "Um, maybe if Andrew was a murderer or something?"

Seriously. That was what it was like, almost word-for-word :p

14. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm around 5' 9" and I love being tall. I agree with Mord, that give or take an inch or 2 with a guy is no big deal, but someone who is considerably smaller can be awkward. However, something petty like that wouldn't prevent me from having a relationship with someone, but it is something I think about.

It's always fun being around my grandmother because she's barely reaches shoulder height on me, especially when I'm wearing 3" heels.

15. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I'm 6', my girlfriend is 5'7", she wore some heels recently and I couldn't handle her height gain. It was so strange after 3 years of her being shorter to look straight in her eyes when we were walking.

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know if it'd be a deal breaker but I believe I like 'em tall...I dated a guy...well kid, we were both teenagers who was 6'4" and I loved it.

17. itcheroni thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, lesson learned. Don't ask an earnest question on a message board. I didn't want this to be about being short in general but I guess it's inevitable for people to say whatever they want to say rather than what's asked. There was a reason I only asked women. And it was a convoluted question anyway.

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Those must have been some serious heels.

I've never dated anyone taller than me, but at around 6'2", that's not surprising. I once briefly dated someone who was nearly my height, but never anyone taller.

19. aprilgrey34 macrumors member

I'm 5'1" and I hate wearing heels; I prefer flip-flops. My husband is 6'. My neck starts to hurt when I kiss him for any longer than 3 or 4 seconds while standing.

I wouldn't mind dating a boy shorter than me if 1) I weren't already married, and 2) he were a really good kisser.

Kissing skill is the deal-maker/breaker for me, not height.
    But that's just me. Everyone is going to have their own preferences, of course.

20. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I'm not fully grown, but I should end up about 5'11, which is cool because that is my birthday as well :D

21. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I can't give you a being a tall lady perspective but I can tell you height makes absolutely no difference to me. Whether the guy is 5"5 6"5 no matter

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why?

My female friend is stunning, and she's 179 cm (around 5'11", I guess), and she likes guys who are taller and a bit built.

23. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Depends on the girl. I'm about an inch shorter than my girlfriend and if I catch her at the right time, I can get her to admit that she'd like it if I were taller, but the way she puts it is that she wishes she was a little shorter.

The difference isn't enough for it to really matter, and neither of us care too much, but when we go out somewhere nice she will avoid wearing heels, which I think is funny. :)

24. macmama macrumors regular

macmama

Hmm, I've never given this much thought, itcheroni. Probably because you're not always (dare I say not often) kissing a guy while standing so height doesn't figure in much. Slow dancing can be a little more awkward, but the "mechanics" of kissing hopefully don't enter into the equation as it's going on. But then again, I'm not terribly tall; I'm of average height.

25. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

With these, they'll never notice. :p

Attached Files: