Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
would you say your wireless router was 'modern', is it less than 1 year old say.

How recent is your firmware? Post leopard release date?

I ask as i'm now pretty sure my problems must stem from the age of my router, it is 3 years old and running firmware that was last updated pre leopard.

I'm fairly sure that the problem can't be software anymore, 10.5.2 fixed a lot of people's issues.

A lot of people say the AEBS is the best thing to be using - i've not seen many people have problems with that.

Tommie Montana

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
would you say your wireless router was 'modern', is it less than 1 year old say.

How recent is your firmware? Post leopard release date?

I ask as i'm now pretty sure my problems must stem from the age of my router, it is 3 years old and running firmware that was last updated pre leopard.

I'm fairly sure that the problem can't be software anymore, 10.5.2 fixed a lot of people's issues.

A lot of people say the AEBS is the best thing to be using - i've not seen many people have problems with that.

If these people have no problems with other macs or pc's, then it doesn't matter how old or crappy the router is. The problem lies with the one mac that doesn't keep its connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.