TO All with a 1TB HDD, in iMac 2011

Discussion in 'iMac' started by WAM2, Oct 11, 2011.

1. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Everytime I See someone with a hard drive issue, no one mentions this, they say its covered under apple care, or that you need to replace it. Neither is true, My iMac didn't have applecare nor did i go buy a new HDD, apple Recalled its 1tb HDD's in the 2011 iMacs.

http://www.apple.com/support/imac-harddrive/

I'm sure this was posted about, but please stop giving people "misleading" answer.

Theres my rant :rolleyes:

2. simsaladimbamba

Even if there wouldn't be an "iMac 1TB Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program", an HDD failure in a 2011 iMac would be still covered by warranty, even if you don't have Apple Care, which covers two additional years after the first year of standard warranty.
    And since 2011 is the current year, and 2011 is the year the iMacs with those HDDs were released, it is safe to presume, 2011 is the same year. There may be higher mathematics involved though.

3. Cripps macrumors regular

4. heliocentric Guest

I don't really understand the point that the Op is trying to make here

5. EricT43 macrumors regular

He seems to be implying that people are being misled if their hard drive fails, and someone here tells them that it is covered under Applecare, or that it needs to be replaced. Which, of course, is incorrect. It would be covered and it does need to be replaced.

The recall is intended to replace at-risk hard drives BEFORE failure if the owner decides to do so. If it fails, the coverage and replacement process is still the same.

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Interesting as I just ordered an iMac but it seems like an isolated time frame so I'll see once it gets here. Is Apple using another vendor for the drives since then or is it the luck of the draw?