To anyone about to post another speculation thread, read this.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by likemyorbs, Sep 16, 2010.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

i've seen lots of threads on here speculating about the new ipad coming out very soon, and people looking for an affirmative release date even though nobody knows. if the current model is only launching in some countries in november, what do you realy think the chances are of a new ipad coming out soon at all? there will be no new ipad in december or january, the current model hasn't even been through a holiday season yet. the new iPad will be out in April like the first one, mark my words. iDevices are releases once a year, same time every year. I dont even understand why there are rumors suggesting otherwise. Apple will get the biggest possible return they can get on the first gen ipad, if theyre still selling and there are still no competitors to this day (pretty pathetic btw), what makes anyone think they will release new ones within 3 months?

2. R.R.Mac macrumors regular

R.R.Mac

Meh, we'll see. I can see where your coming from but I think they may bring out a new one very soon with 512 RAM. It would be unlike Apple though to bring one out so soon after its release...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Doubt it. Early tests of iOS 4.2 beta on the iPad is very efficient and snappy, and actually works a little better than the current iOS 3.2. So there don't seem to be any ram management issues

5. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Sarcasm? i cant tell.

6. kenmarable macrumors member

Personally, my money is on next June. It seems to fit with a focus on developers, and I'm more inclined to think they would add it to an existing launch date rather than add another. But who knows. I sure don't. I just pulled that out of... uh... thin air. ;)

Either way, this thread won't matter. I agree with you entirely (other than leaning towards June than April), but unfortunately there is nothing you said that hasn't been said already over and over and over in every single speculation thread, and it hasn't slowed down those pointless threads in the least.

People are going to keep asking questions that no one (outside of few at Apple) have the answers to because they think asking the questions twice as often will make an answer they want appear twice as fast. (Reminds me of this Demotivator, but change it from Incompetence to Ignorance and it's quite appropriate.)

So nice effort, but I don't see it helping at all. Personally, I just ignore those threads altogether. Makes for a better reading experience.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You really can't tell?
    Look at the typeface… ;)

8. bergmef macrumors 6502a

who said the current version is being released to other countries in Nov? All I saw was countries are getting the ipad in Nov. Didn't see the specs listed in the statement.

9. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Why would they release a newer version in those countries that haven't even gotten the current one yet? They're definitely getting the current one:D

10. bergmef macrumors 6502a

Why couldn't they release a new one everywhere at the same time? Some countries didn't get the first version of the iphone.

It's a rumor site, people can say anything they want. No one knows for sure.

11. kntgsp macrumors 6502a

Thank god there's another thread dedicated to this in addition to the other half dozen that already populate the first page. I would never have found an outlet for my questions about when another magical device might be released.

I find it amusing that people on MR apparently require color coding for sarcasm now since common sense and/or italics don't suffice.

12. bergmef macrumors 6502a

13. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Our only hope of stemming the tide of speculation threads is for elementary schools to restrict internet access to the MacRumors forums for their students.

14. sotiredofsoup macrumors member

Thank you for posting this.

Before the iPhone 4 officially released, I can't tell you how frustrating it was to hear people in the elevators at work speculating. In May I would hear "Well I need a new phone and i saw pictures of the new iPhone 4... but WHO KNOWS WHEN THAT WILL COME OUT?!"

Seriously lady? How about late June. Every. Year.

15. Built macrumors 68020

Amen. Well said.

Personally, I like the OPs message. Apple MAY be somewhat unpredictable (innovative) with their products, but their new product/revised product announcements and launch dates, etc. are pretty damn consistent year over year.

16. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Well thanks. At least a couple of people agree with me. The worst is when people buy an iPhone in April and complain when the new one comes out in June, like apple somehow screwed them over when it's really their own fault.

17. Built macrumors 68020

Ain't THAT the truth! I was a frequent poster over on the iPhone forum during the initial ordering period through to the launch date, and there was thread after thread beginning with some iteration of, "I JUST bought an iPhone. What do I do?" from people who bought the 3GS as well as the 3G in April or May.

It's not as if Apple doesn't roll out an iPhone revision every June!

Thanks for speaking up. What you said NEEDED to be said, whether people agree with the message or not.

18. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Amen brother! Ignorance will never die

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Current iPad is only just rolling out in some territories this month.

Chances of refresh before spring 2011? Nil.

20. gatearray macrumors 65816

True 'dat.

And to the OP, excellent post that will probably fall on deaf (and idiotic) ears, but thanks for saying it, nonetheless. And by the way, I do like your orbs.

:)

21. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

hahaha thanks. that username is so old, anyone know if there's a way to change a username on macrumors without making a new account?

22. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

23. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

24. southernpaws macrumors 6502

Hah.

The only thing better than apple elitism...apple forum elitism!