Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Hi there!

So I'm from Denmark but some guys I work for are coming in from Hong Kong next week. I wanted to ask them to buy an Apple Watch for me. I really like the space grey version of the mid-range type (which is priced at 8588 Hong Kong Dollars).

Is it possible to purchase and pick up that watch in a retail store in Hong Kong or can you only try them on in the store and then order it online?

Also, if you can actually buy it in the store, Apple's Hong Kong website says 2-4 weeks delivery. Does that only apply to online orders or does that mean that there is no way to find this particular watch in the stores right now?

Thanks a million in advance

mr.anthonyramos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2015
Hong Kong
Hi there!

So I'm from Denmark but some guys I work for are coming in from Hong Kong next week. I wanted to ask them to buy an Apple Watch for me. I really like the space grey version of the mid-range type (which is priced at 8588 Hong Kong Dollars).

Is it possible to purchase and pick up that watch in a retail store in Hong Kong or can you only try them on in the store and then order it online?

Also, if you can actually buy it in the store, Apple's Hong Kong website says 2-4 weeks delivery. Does that only apply to online orders or does that mean that there is no way to find this particular watch in the stores right now?

Thanks a million in advance

Firstly, I think you mean the Space Black Stainless Steel watch.

Secondly nope, there is no way to get the watch or any other Apple Watch for that matter at the stores. You can only purchase the watches via Apple online store.

The Space Black watch is the hardest watch to get.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
HK Apple stores are the worse for buying iPhone and Apple watch on release date then it stays that way until they actually have a lot of stocks in hand. As for online orders They will only ship to residents with resident card.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Yeah, I saw "space" and my mind told me "space grey" as in the iPhone color

That's too bad though. So it's pretty much impossible to get a hold of the 42mm space black in 3-4 days over there, right?

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Watches should be in stores this coming week

Interesting, so is that just in Hong Kong or also in the other countries that currently have it for sale? I will be in Japan for most of July so it would be great if I could pick one up in the store over there since I don't know anyone I could have it shipped to.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Interesting, so is that just in Hong Kong or also in the other countries that currently have it for sale? I will be in Japan for most of July so it would be great if I could pick one up in the store over there since I don't know anyone I could have it shipped to.
You will have better chances in Japan than HK. I know a lot of people from South Korea going to Japan to get their Apple products before the actual release date in South Korea.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
It should be all of the first wave countries this week coming up, then the additional launched countries (I believe they get both online as well as in-store at the same time) - on June 26th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.