To Apple mouse or not?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gadgetgirl85, Aug 19, 2011.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

My apple wireless mouse is officially on its way out. I don't really like the track pad so I am unsure whether to buy a wireless mouse again or some other bluetooth mouse. Any suggestions?

2. ryNze macrumors newbie

I personally dislike the magic mouse. I went ahead and got a razer orochi for my MBA. Loving it so far!

3. neile45 macrumors regular

4. cdustybk macrumors member

It's totally up to you. Only you know what you like. I personally love Apple's multi-touch features on their mouse, and it works wonders with my Mac.

My suggestion, if you plan on upgrading to Lion, get the Magic mouse

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'd just get a standard mouse. I find the Magic Mouse really awkward to hold, and uncomfortable to use for long periods of time. I've got a logitech m505 (or something like that) and it's decent, although is a bit aggressive with the battery saving. I have used a full-sized logitech wireless that is actually really nice. Plus it's half what the Magic mouse costs.

6. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Although the magic mouse looks great, I'm not a fan. I like physical buttons and scroll wheels. That said, I've been using various Logitech's for the past few years. Before that, Microsoft.

7. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

I got the magic mouse pretty much only because it's really low-profile, so it slips into a carrying case really easily, and, uh, it's got the Apple look as well (I happen to like their general design, and the way their gadgets match in appearance across product lines. Yes, I know that's a fairly dumb reason to buy something, but a mouse isn't terribly expensive even if there's an apple logo on it.)

It's no good for serious gaming; you can play Portal and some casual games with it and that's pretty much it since it doesn't handle both mouse buttons pressed at the same time (they're both in reality just one hardware button with right-click being emulated through the touch surface). Also, the mouse needs extra software emulation to handle middle button clicks. That's a bit crap methinks, but oh well...

At least it looks good. :rolleyes:

8. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

9. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

once i got used to the multitouch gestures on the magic mouse, i couldn't use any other mouse without swiping at it like a fool, slowly and sadly realizing that i will have to use some other method of paging back and forth/zooming. i love my magic mouse. it slips into a knapsack easy as pie too. it is ridiculously low slung, though.

10. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Logitech or Razor for me. Have a Mighty Mouse in a drawer some where, I forced myself to use for about 6 months but never came to like it.

11. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

This^

The razer Deathadder is pretty cheap and good or any logitech mouse, it depends on your mouse preference i.e. the mobile logitech mice (V470) are tiny and i can only click with fingers as my whole hand doesn't fit onto the mouse but it uses bluetooth and my mbp has a limited amount of Usb ports.

12. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

i was actually going to buy another Magic Mouse so when I go TDY to different places, mainly because i like to have a bit more freedom moving my arrow. But for the price, i'll probably just use my cheap usb mouse.

13. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

+1

Best notebook mouse you can get. Scores better than magic mouse.

14. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I find Apple's touchpad on my MBP & MBA laptops unbeatable. In fact I've never used a mouse with any of my Mac laptops over the years. I can't help but wonder why people use a mouse with a laptop period. What comes to mind is just that they haven't taken the time to learn how to use & enjoy what Apple provides.