To buy a MacBook or not to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mraero, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Mraero macrumors newbie

Ok I'm looking to buy a laptop and I'm making the switch from pc to a mac. Iwant to get a MacBook and I really like the MacBook pro that recently came out. Thing is I know apple when you buy something a month later they screw you over with a new shiny toy. Should I wait and see what apple is going to pull out next or should I just buy one. I really want a macanx with my pcs sound being obsolete Im thinking now is a right time. But should I wait? When do apple release new MacBooks?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You should search and then find out that you should wait. Click on this.

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

If you want a MacBook Pro, follow the above link.

If you want a MacBook, now's a good of time to buy as any, they were updated fairly recently.

Welcome to the Mac :)

4. hellojamie macrumors newbie

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

New Macbook Pros should be releasing soon, so wait if you have to have the newest edition. That said, the current model of MBPs have gotten stellar reviews and are really great computers. You can also buy them refurbished from Apple for a few hundred bucks cheaper than buying them new.

If you're looking at a regular Macbook, they were just recently upgraded and probably won't be upgraded again until the summer.

5. Neoaucourant macrumors member

Does anyone know if the macbook white 13" will be dropping in price anytime soon?

6. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

No one knows for sure. However if I had to put a bet on whether the price would drop, I would put a bet on them not dropping. I'm pretty sure that I would get awful odds. In short I don't think that the price will be dropping any time soon.

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

I would not buy until Wednesday's Jan 27th apple presentation.

I have a feeling they will be putting intel core i5/core i7 mobile processors in both their MacBook and Macbook Pro computers

Rememeber the surprise processor upgrade in the MacBook 13 in Feb 2008? They had the 2.2 gz core 2 in november 2007 and than all of the sudden upgraded to the newer Penryn Intel core 2 2.4 in Feb 2008.

Just weight until they put the core i intel processors.

8. CherryZhan macrumors newbie

want to buy a notebook

I want to buy a good notebook these days.
    my target price is about USD800.
    Who can recommend me some better ones?

9. Buzz Bumble Guest

Historically Apple rarely does price drops. They usually just replace the old model with a new one at the same price ... but when a new model is released you can often get stock of the old model a bit cheaper (especially from a reseller). Plus of course there's always Apple's online refurbs (machines returned as faulty, fixed by Apple and resold with warranty, but can no longer be sold as "new").