to buy a macbook pro 17" now or later?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JackSpearo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I offered to sell my macbook pro 2.2 ghz, 500 GB hard drive and 4 gb ram to my mom's business (how much you think I should sell it for?)...

I was thinking of buying a brand new macbook pro 17"... And I know apple comes out with new macbook pros all the time and I was curious if this would be the time to buy? Or would it be smarter for me to wait a little until the new version comes out (which would be when you think?)

any help would be great :)

thanks!

Jack

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

www.mac2sell.net and www.ebay.co.uk for finding out an appropriate price.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ for looking at a probably timeline for an update. It is likely to be expected to happen in early 2011, but there may be a slight chance of a minor speed bump before Christmas.
    As there are already dozens of threads about the next update, it might be worth taking a look at them.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

in this particular case I think its going to be early-mid 2011, as thats when the sandy bridges will be arriving.
    although the only major advantage to the sandy bridge versus the current is the improvement of the intel HD gfx

4. MisterFeeney macrumors 6502

We don't really know it is ALL speculation. You can look at the Buyers Guide but that isn't necessarily always accurate either. It could be tomorrow, it could be January, no one here knows and if they did they can't exactly tell you. I personally just purchased a 17" i7 MacBook Pro and am glad I did. Best of luck! :apple: