To buy a MacBook Pro or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iRamza, Jul 27, 2011.

  1. iRamza macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    #1
    Hello apple experts, I need advice.

    I have a 2009 17" MacBook pro and I'm thinking of upgrading to a new one
    I really like the new 15" MacBook pro.
    So my question is, will there be any big updates to the MacBook pros anytime soon? Or should I just get a new one?

    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

    Dark Void

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Location:
    Cimmerian End
    #2
    Nothing major until 2012. I would get it now.
     
  3. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #3
    Only rumours (can be found on the front page or AppleInsider or any other Mac related "news" site), thus if you need it now, get it now.
    The most likely fresh is going to happen in early 2012, due to new chips from Intel.
     
  4. ABadSanta macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2011
    #4
    There are rumors that there will be a redesign next year.

    Your computer still seems relatively new, so I would suggest waiting until next year. But if you want to upgrade this year, your computer will still fetch a really good amount on ebay.
     
  5. Titanium81 macrumors 6502a

    Titanium81

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2011
    #5
    How much do you want for your 17"?
     
  6. iRamza thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    #6
    I'll probably sell my old MacBook pro if I get the new one, but if the rumors say that the major changes are going to be next year, I think it would be a better idea if I just wait.
     

Share This Page