To buy an appleTV2 or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by justl2003, Feb 17, 2012.

  1. justl2003 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 22, 2007
    #1
    So ive had an apple tv, the first one,for quite a while and want a new one... Should i wait until they possibly release a third or just go for the ATV2? Thanks
     
  2. Peace macrumors Core

    Peace

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2005
    Location:
    Space--The ONLY Frontier
    #2
    Wait.

    There should be a new one in a few weeks.
     
  3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

    eawmp1

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2008
    Location:
    FL
    #3
    Definitely wait. You can live without it for the next month.
     
  4. pmau macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2010
    #4
    Just bought one last week

    And I don't regret it.

    If there's a new version, the pricing might be low aswell, so I can simplz give my current ATV2 to my parents or connect it in the bedroom.

    So, for me at last, it isn't a big deal.
    If you really want to try one, buy it.

    You'll probably have relatives that will still give you 50 bucks for it.
     
  5. parestailor macrumors regular

    parestailor

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2011
    Location:
    London, UK
    #5
    hold tight, im sensing march 7th we will hear about the new apple tv as this is the rumour date for the new revised ipad.
     
  6. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

    ericrwalker

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    Location:
    Albany, NY
    #6
    Buy current version now...JB it, add XBMC with HULU.

    Buy next version also. (probably won't be jailbreaking that one anytime soon).
     
  7. KylePowers macrumors 68000

    KylePowers

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2011
    #7
    I'm personally waiting.

    I'm not too sure if I need one though, as I have my iMac hooked up to my TV (for Hulu, iTunes, CBS, Youtube, other videos/movies, etc) and I have an Xbox 360 & PS3 for Netflix. So meh.

    I'd wait though, that's for sure.
     

Share This Page