To buy new MBP or to wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by danoftroy, Oct 24, 2011.

  1. danoftroy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2011
    #1
    This is what I have:
    15-inch MacBook Pro (Model Identifier 5.1)
    Processor: 2.53 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400 Video Card
    286.55 GB Hard drive
    19.58 Free
    If I had to guess, I purchased it around Feb. of 2009

    There are several reasons I want and need a new MBP. Some are hardware issues. As you can tell I only have 19GB free so I will soon have to burn some items to iCloud or DVDs to store pictures, videos, etc.

    I also have some issues and questions about the stability of the laptop.

    Obviously the newest version of MBP beats mine on specs, but I don't know if I should go now or wait until June of 2012 for what may be a total redesign. I can create more hard drive space, but I was hoping it would be January, not July, before the next biggest and greatest MBP.

    Please give me your two-cents worth.

    I use mine in an office setting, from creating videos to much photo editing to word processing to spreadsheets, you name it. I am probably on my MBP including at home, 6-10 hours a day.

    Thanks,

    Dan of Troy
    (No relation to Helen)
     
  2. gullySn0wCat macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2010
  3. johnnymg macrumors 65816

    johnnymg

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2008
    #3
    My suggestion would be:
    a.) Solve the stability issues on your MBP before doing anything else
    b.) Looks like your apps don't require a new MBP
    c.) post your question on the MBP forum

    good luck
    JohnG
     

Share This Page