To Buy Now or Not... The Answer!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wirelessmacuser, Nov 24, 2010.

  1. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000


    Dec 20, 2009
    I just sold my my last iPad.

    I bought the first one, liked it enough to buy a second one, since it was in high demand amongst the family. As a long time Apple customer, I knew the 2nd generation would be much better, so I decided to sell these two now before rumors turned to facts about the release of iPad 2.

    I was about to list the reasons (besides resale) I chose to sell now, when I came across this great quote from Crunch Base. They've said it best:

    "It’s not about nostalgia, it’s about the future. And the future is the iPad 2."
  2. vastoholic macrumors 68000


    Jan 28, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    So you've bought and sold two iPads in the course of 7-8 months? It sounds like you were happy with it, enough to buy a second time, but you are willing to sell it early to get top dollar before the second one is announced with unknown features and design.

    I'm missing the logic.

    If you're worried about the cost, start saving now and then sell the original after you have the second one in hand. It's not about the future. It's about the experience and enjoyment of using the future now.
  3. gatearray macrumors 65816

    Apr 24, 2010
    You should sell your Mac and iPhone now, too.

    This way you can get top dollar before the new ones come out in a few months and you end up paying a +/- $80 "tax" for being asleep at the switch and enjoying your electronics all year round.

    After all, it's not about nostalgia, it about the future. And the future is iPhone 5 and OSXI...
  4. sapporobaby macrumors 68000


    Sep 27, 2007
    3 earth minutes from your location....
    What is the purpose of these repeat threads? Everyday it is a new one about should I buy or not buy. Aren't people smart enough to know what they want to do without having someone tell them?
  5. poloponies Suspended

    May 3, 2010
    That doesn't even make sense.
  6. 0007776 Suspended


    Jul 11, 2006
    Yeah, that doesn't really make sense, but I guess if you really want to be without an iPad for a few months while you wait there's nothing wrong with that. Personally, I'd focus on what is available in the present and use that instead of being worried about something that may come out in the future.
  7. jwesty5 macrumors member

    Jul 30, 2010
    And in June 2011 when you hear "....And the future is the iPad 3." What will you do?
  8. Mr Kram macrumors 68020

    Mr Kram

    Oct 1, 2008
    i agree that it's about the future. when the new ipad comes out, i'll decide if i'm ready to upgrade or not.
  9. netteen macrumors newbie

    Jun 25, 2010
    New ipad is coming!

    the 2g ipad case already came out, what did that tell us?!
  10. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

    Apr 2, 2010
    As my sig says, if you wait for the latest and greatest...well you know the rest.
  11. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

    Oct 30, 2009
    Same here, will wait for the new iPad then evaluate whether it's worth the $150ish loss to sell the old one and buy a new one. There's no point in selling now and save a few bucks just to miss out on using an iPad for months, I bought it for the purpose of using it.

Share This Page