To buy, or not to buy... before MacworldSF

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ealeslie, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ealeslie macrumors newbie

my poor poor mid 2005 iBook is on its last leg. I just might have loved it to death. So, it's time to get a new one, specifically the new MacBook.

Well here's the question, should I wait until after the Macworld expo to buy my new macbook? Are announcements at Macworld usually significant enough to merit waiting? I'm particularly interested in new software updates, like a solid date for the release of Snow Leopard and the possibility of a new iLife '09... though an update isn't looking very likely.

I will be in Europe during the actual expo so won't be able to buy until late January, but I'm impatient and want my new toy before then (especially since i'm afraid of my hard drive dying in Italy with new pictures on it)! Is it better to wait or go for it and just buy new software later?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Okay... the laptops...

We have a Buyer's Guide for a reason.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Unfortunately your crystal ball is as good as anyone's. When the new macs will ship with Snow Leopard or a new iteration of iLife is anyone's guess.

You could always pop in a new HD yourself to prolong you iBooks life (and buy yourself more time)....

4. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

Do you join just to ask this question? :p

If you're so impatient then go ahead and buy it, you'll love playing with your new toy.

If you're worried about your hd failing, why not just buy an external for less than a $100 and back it up. Then you can wait till after Macworld! duh!

Honestly, did you really think anyone here could tell you what Apple will announce at Macworld?
    No one but Apple knows :rolleyes:

You guess is as good as anyone else's. Draw your own conclusions. It's called using your brain! Go read up on previous Macworld's and come up with your own conclusions! Novel idea huh? :p

5. akm3 macrumors 68020

You are 99.88% safe to buy a new notebook at this time.

6. Pixellated macrumors 65816

+1- Buy it, Use it, Love it. :)