To buy or not to buy online

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nin1234, Dec 4, 2008.

1. nin1234 macrumors newbie

I have decided to buy my first-ever Apple laptop.....the new 15.4" Macbook Pro. I don't know if to buy from the local Apple store or on line. Buying online is much cheaper but I am scared I will get a refurbished or damaged product. I would really appreciate if anybody out there can advise me on their experiences.
    Online companies like MacMall, ClubMac, Macconnection, Pcconnection are offering the MBP much cheaper than the Apple store or Apple online. But are they really selling brand new products straight from the factory?? I don't know and I am at a loss of what to do.....

Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If you don't buy from eBay and you don't buy from the refurbished section of the store, you won't get refurbished.

3. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I would not hesitate to buy from Macmall. They seem to have the best deals including rebates and previous generation products. You will pay local sales tax when you buy from apple.com so you might as well go to the store and buy if they are close.

4. nin1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

To buy or not to buy on line

Thanks for the replies. If I buy from Macmall do you think that the MBP will be brand new and the box would never have been opened!!! I just have this nagging feeling that one never knows when buying online if the product has ever been opened. Any more views on this out there??
    Thanks

5. OmahaGTP macrumors member

I just ordered from MacMall this week. In fact, my first Mac. :)

Ordered Monday at 5 or 6:30 at night. They shipped the damn thing at 11 PM that same night. I put 2 day shipping on it, and I got it Wednesday.

Opened the box up. Not only was it the elusive MBP "classic" glossy I wanted, but it was completely brand new, in a pristine box, with a seal that had never been broken. Inside, the MBP was in a foam-ish sleeve that was also sealed with a sticker that had not been broken.

Do not hesitate. I weep you did nor order sooner, now the weekend is a waste! :eek:

JK. Buy with confidence. :D

6. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I just got my new MBP from Amazon. Even with free shipping it arrived in on a Tuesday after placing the order Saturday night. And, no hardware issues (so far).