To Buy or Not to buy, that is the question??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TrojanX, Jul 17, 2010.

?

To buy or not to buy?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2010.
  1. Curb your impulziveness doe-doe head!(No)

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. UGA UGA Indulge Primitive urges!!(Yes)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Get another brand flower child, fight the man! (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

Hi guys I just wanted to take a quick survey of opinions and hopefully get some insight into my next purchase (Cause TrojanX is rollin' in the doe all of the sudden with his promoted 10$ an hour). I just recently purchased my 13" MBP a little less than a week ago and now, after inputting all of my music files and CDs, am itching for an iPod Touch. Up untill a few months ago, I owned one but, being in an all guys boarding school dorm has its disadvantages....such as breaking up fights and getting decked in the face which resulted in you falling on your butt were you ipod is. Can anyone say screen crack much? Well on to the real question!

Should I curb my impulsive nature and let the money burn a bigger hole in my pocket by waiting for the Ipod 4G or just go get one and indulge my primitive desires and jam to some tunes on the go! The reason I ask is because some threads, like this one who has 173 votes for September, suggest a update soon. Even our trusty buying guide on Mac Rumors says to wait but, should I? Why or why not? Should I look into another MP3 player such as the Zune?? When do YOU think it will come out??

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

If the idea of having a faster processor, cameras and Facetime excites you, wait.

3. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

4. TrojanX thread starter macrumors member

TrojanX

Who really cares about the Processor...its already fast enough as it is. No lag that I have experienced but, I also did not have iOS4.

Cameras is probably the largest factor in my wait time where as face time I don't see much practical use on an Ipod. There are lots of debates on whether they will put it out with a camera or not. Who knows??

I appreciate your input!

5. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

If you buy a new 8GB touch now, you'll regret it and get buyers remorse in a month and a half when the new ones come out. I suggest wait and save up the extra cash and wait and see what Apple will surprise us with when September 8th comes around.

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

iPods have been updated in September for the past few years, so we're expecting another Apple event in early September this year to announce a new iPod touch with a lot of the new features from the iPhone 4.

I say it will be well worth a month and a half wait.