To buy or not to buy? That's the question.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by diegobgr, Jun 23, 2010.

  1. diegobgr macrumors 6502

    Nov 22, 2009

    Well, we are in summer. I've waiting since March to buy the iMac. Now, I am on holiday till September 16th and I have the money. I want to buy the iMac.

    I will get the 21,5" advanced model, the one with 1TB and ATI graphics card. I will also get an iPod Nano with BtS promo. I am also thinking about buying a Time Capsule, but it will have to wait till December.

    Which are the lastest news?

    Will we have upgrades soon?

    What about the rumoured touchscreen model? I don't like it. What if this one replaces the iMac?
  2. Hellhammer Moderator


    Staff Member

    Dec 10, 2008
    No new news. Likely late summer like August or September so unless you really need speed, just buy now
  3. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

    Dec 31, 2009
    I've been waiting since June 09. Have some patience! :eek:

    The yellow tint and other issues (scratched discs, flickering, grey bars, noisy screens, etc.) have kept me on the sidelines from this new generation.

    If the reports are stellar on the refresh, I'm dropping close to $3K for an i7 8G 2T with a bunch of pre-loaded SW. I'm currently a PC user in a VERY LONG holding pattern. My PC gets worse as the weeks go by.

    Let's just hope that they fix these issues in the next revision.
  4. peakchua macrumors regular

    Apr 12, 2010
    nice shakespearen line :D
  5. Animation macrumors newbie


    Jun 23, 2010
    I'm wanting a new iMac also. Don't get me wrong. I love the one I have from May of last year. I just want another one. I like to have side-by-side monitors for multi-boxing in COH. :) My old PC is a serious grandpa. :)

    Oh well, I'll have to wait for a refresh.

Share This Page