To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Dak456, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Dak456 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I will start off buy saying I have never owned a Mac before, I'm a bit bored of PC's and want to try something different. Since I just got my christmas bonus I thought I would splash out some of it on the 27" iMac i5 core model.

Now I'm seeing these rumors of a new iMac coming out in the first half of next year. My question is simple is it still worth buying the above iMac this late in the year?

I'm sorry for asking such a common and annoying question, but I was really annoyed when I bought my first iPod only to have a new generation come out a few months later. I would rather not repeat that mistake on something this expensive.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Its not perfect, but you can start by checking The Buyer's Guide here on MR

No matter what you buy, there will be something else coming a few months later

3. Dak456 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh cool, thanks for the speedy reply! I can see your recommendations now without bothering anyone.

4. biggd macrumors 6502

biggd

If you look at apples new "theology" the current iMacs do not fit in. The next generation with lion should allow for an ease of use and new sync tech that allows for all your devices to transfer files effortlessly.
    I believe the next macs will be "transformative" almost like how the iPod/iPhone/iPad was

5. mouse123 macrumors member

I am also having the same 'problem' as you. Also in the market for a new iMac. Now with the new rumor coming out, I am undecided. :(