To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Nov 30, 2011.

  1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2010
    #1
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)

    Should I upgrade to the new iPhone4s or upgrade my iphone4 to 5.0 and jailbreak there. Now that they have Siri ported to 5.0 for the iPhone4 I'm not sure what to do.
    I don't want to lose my jailbreak but I want Siri. I also love the 4s is so much faster. Oh what to do?
     
  2. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

    mrblack927

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2008
    #2
    Tough call, I would stay with the iPhone 4 for now at least since there's no telling how long it will be before a 4s jailbreak is available.
     
  3. elpmas macrumors 68000

    elpmas

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    #3
    Same as above, stay with the iPhone 4. The hype for the iPhone 4S is over now. Wait for the iPhone 5. I think it'll be worth the wait. :)
     
  4. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2010
    #4
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8H7)

    So should I just upgrade to 5.0 and jailbreak then use that tweak in Cydia to make it semi-untethered?
     
  5. maturola macrumors 68040

    maturola

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #5
    If you are asking for my opinion I will tell you that, no, Stay right where you are, and wait up a bit.
     
  6. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #6
    How are you upgrading to 5.0 it's no longer being signed.
     
  7. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

    bigsexyy81

    Joined:
    May 2, 2010
    #7
    Did I miss the memo about the iP4 Siri port or are you talking about Siri0us which isn't REALLY Siri?
     
  8. maturola macrumors 68040

    maturola

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    #8
    Well that depend on what memo you are talking about, Siri had been ported to 4 and 3Gs, however it had not been released to the public. So technically the OP is correct on his statement
     
  9. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #10
    TS still needs to figure out the magic way to get 5.0 though. ;)
     
  10. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2010
    #11
    oh, i thought i would still be able to get 5.0 on my iphone4. so i guess i cant then?
     
  11. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #12
    correct Apple stopped signing it almost as soon as 5.0.1 came out! you only option would be 5.0.1. Also about Siri even though they have ported it to the i4 there is no word when or if it will go out too the general public. They are just proving it can be done. All most have stated there are many legal and piracy issues. In other words how to avoid Apple Lawyers. ;) personly I think I keeping my I4 and waiting for the I5.
     
  12. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2010
    #13
    what do you think about seri0us? worth it? and then since im on 4.3.2, i guess i can't get seri0us then since 5.0.1 isn't jailbreakable yet, right?
     
  13. labman macrumors 604

    labman

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Location:
    Mich near Detroit
    #14
    5.0.1 tethered jb same as 5.0 5.0.1 will be longer for a untethered if at all..

    seri0us sucks imo said to be a battery hog and Dragon go and Vingo in Apples App store and Free are better imo.
     

Share This Page