To Buy or Not to Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iLittleMac, Dec 18, 2011.

1. iLittleMac macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and in need of some advice. I thinking of buying an iPad 2 for my Boyfriend for Christmas but I'd really like your opinion first.

Here are my reasons for thinking he might like an iPad could you tell me what think?

He he speaks several languages including English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Polish and Russian. I've seen some dictionary apps in the appstore are they good enough to replace hard copies for day to day use?

He enjoys puzzles, crosswords, sudoku, scrabble and chess that sort of thing. I looked at the Nintendo DS but think the ipad may be a better what do you think?

I've also noticed there are quite a few anatomy apps which he would enjoy. Could you list other "reference" types apps please.

Would it be worth buying the extra memory 64GB model as he would most likely not want to upgrade to an "iPad 3" unless it was a vast improvement over the current version.

We have several :apple: computers at home but he has moved his main computing to a computer he put together himself running Windows 7 how well does the ipad work with Windows?

Finally I apologise if this is not allowed but we have a 24" iMac, intel core 2 duo, 3.06 GHz with 4GB of RAM with Snow Leopard just sitting in it's box in the office upstaris. The only thing is the magic mouse has seen better days, the cable is bare at the top but easily fixed with tape I guess.

I doubt he'd notice if I was to sell it or trade it in against an ipad. We live in the UK do you know of anywhere I could sell it or trade it in and how much I could possibly get for it?

Thank you for reading I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

:D

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

He could certainly like the iPad. There's really nothing that definitively points to the iPad as the absolute best solution for him in your OP. More storage is always good -- there's no such thing as too much unless you're certain that he won't use any.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I am currently using my iPad with Windows 7, and I have no complaints. You shouldn't worry about using iPad with Windows, it works fine.