To Buy Or Not To Buy

SpaceCracker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Hello. Just signed up and was looking for help. Seems a neutral time to buy a mac book pro. Should I wait for the new model, the 2012 one? If its coming out in the fall I doubt I can wait that long... Any thoughts?

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
There's a plethora of thread related to waiting or buying now. Check them out.

Also consider looking at the buyers guide http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

Finally if you need a laptop now, then buy one now. If can wait then you'll be better off waiting.

Ivy Bridge is due out April/May and the new MacBook Pros should come shortly after that (May/June).

silverf1re

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Hello. Just signed up and was looking for help. Seems a neutral time to buy a mac book pro. Should I wait for the new model, the 2012 one? If its coming out in the fall I doubt I can wait that long... Any thoughts?
Thank you for reminding me why i never frequent these forums anymore

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
It's very simple: Do you need one now - buy.

You mentioned fall as being too late. We currently expect new MBPs in May/June. If that is acceptable, then wait and enjoy the roller coaster ride of rumors about features, release dates and delays.

Welcome!

Lanarae

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2011
I just bought the 13 in. MacBook Pro. I wasn't sure how long my 6 year old 15 in. Macbook Pro would last. It's still going on strong. I am waiting for the iPad3 and the new iMacs.