To Buy Or Not To Buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SpaceCracker, Jan 12, 2012.

  1. SpaceCracker macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2012
    #1
    Hello. Just signed up and was looking for help. Seems a neutral time to buy a mac book pro. Should I wait for the new model, the 2012 one? If its coming out in the fall I doubt I can wait that long... Any thoughts?
     
  2. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    There's a plethora of thread related to waiting or buying now. Check them out.

    Also consider looking at the buyers guide http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

    Finally if you need a laptop now, then buy one now. If can wait then you'll be better off waiting.

    Ivy Bridge is due out April/May and the new MacBook Pros should come shortly after that (May/June).
     
  3. silverf1re macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2011
    #3
    Thank you for reminding me why i never frequent these forums anymore
     
  4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2011
    Location:
    Switzerland
    #4
    It's very simple: Do you need one now - buy.

    You mentioned fall as being too late. We currently expect new MBPs in May/June. If that is acceptable, then wait and enjoy the roller coaster ride of rumors about features, release dates and delays.

    Welcome!
     
  5. Lanarae macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2011
    #5
    I just bought the 13 in. MacBook Pro. I wasn't sure how long my 6 year old 15 in. Macbook Pro would last. It's still going on strong. I am waiting for the iPad3 and the new iMacs.
     
  6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

    NutsNGum

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Location:
    Glasgow, Scotland
    #6
    And yet, here you are.
     

Share This Page