To buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by harinezumi, Nov 21, 2007.

1. harinezumi macrumors member

Im considering of purchasing a Ipod Touch but dont know whether to buy it now or wait for the next revision.
    I would really love to have the Ipod Touch right now but I dont want to be dissapointed by buying it right before a new one comes out.

Is it the right time to buy it now?:confused:

and also how is the sound quality of the Ipod Touch?? I dont want to buy it if the sound quality is bad as the Ipod shuffle. the hissing noise is irritating when i use it with UE10pro :mad:

Thanks in advance

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

a new one won't come out for awhile. Most of the upgrades will be free and immediate via software updates. That, and come February, there will be 3-rd party apps for purchase. That will all happen before the hardware is updated.

Buy it now and enjoy. You can always sell it when a new one comes out next holiday season.

3. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

I have a pair of UE3, i can hear a hiss during quite portions of a track or right before a track plays. otherwise i can't hear it when the music is playing. didn't have this problem with the apple earphones but those are pretty crappy.

if you wait for the next one, you will be just as disappointed when next one after that comes out. it never ends. these things are designed for obsolescence. the next one will always be around the corner.

now that the negative screen issue has been sorted out, its as good a time as ever to buy. after jailbreaking, its way more than a music/movie player with apps like nes, gba, scummvm, etc, and new stuff is coming out everyday.

4. tennez macrumors regular

5. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

I bought an 8gb touch this afternoon, and it's amazing! I'm browsing the forum on it and it's great. Sound is great too!