to buy or not to buy...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nyi28nhl, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. Nyi28nhl macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    #1
    ...that is the question.

    I am debating right now whether or not to head over to the NYU Computer Store and snag a copy of Leopard when my lecture class ends (4:45 EST).

    It seems like a steal at $69.00, thus copies are going quickly. I checked it out circa 3:10 and they only had 3-4 copies left when they had a few shelves full this morning.

    Is it worth getting right now, or should I wait until they update it?

    I'm not one who is bothered by a few bugs. As long as FireFox and MS Word is usable, I'm not worried.

    I'm assuming that updates in the future I will then be able to d/l off of the Apple site for free, right?

    Is there any big reason for me not to get it? If the answer to the line above this is no, then that's the only thing that I foresee keeping me from purchasing it now.

    Update:
    I'm on a 17" MBP, 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 1900x1280 Resolution currently running 10.4.11
     
  2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

    wrldwzrd89

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2003
    Location:
    Solon, OH
    #2
    The only reason I would hold off is if your Mac has less than 1 GB of RAM, or is a Power Mac G5 (many people have reported problems with G5 machines and Leopard on these forums). You are correct - future Leopard updates can be downloaded from Apple for free. Firefox definitely works with Leopard, but make sure you update to version 2.0.0.8 or later. Don't know about MS Word though... but it should work.

    EDIT: Since your Mac does not meet either of the above criteria for holding off I'd go ahead and update. I've been very happy with Leopard on my MBP.
     

Share This Page